- How long will it take until I can expect relief from AERIUS?
Usually you should experience relief 1 to 3 hrs after having taken AERIUS.
- What symptoms does it relieve?
Aerius provides relief of hayfever and perennial allergic rhinitis symptoms such as itchy/watery eyes, congestion, itchy nose, sneezing and itchy throat/palate. Aerius can also relieve itchy skin due to hives.
- When do I take AERIUS?
AERIUS is a non-drowsy medication, which can be taken anytime. Take AERIUS as soon as the first symptoms of allergy appear, for effective relief.
- How often can I take AERIUS?
AERIUS is to be taken once a day only.
- Can I use AERIUS for children?
Yes, the AERIUS Syrup is suitable for children. It has a pleasant bubblegum flavour and comes with a dosing syringe, which makes it easier to accurately administer. AERIUS for Children Syrup is suitable to relieve allergy symptoms for children from 12 months of age and for children as young as 6 months for the treatment of hives.
- Do allergic children become allergic adults?
Allergic sensitisation tends to persist but symptoms may resolve. The earlier that airborne allergy appears, the more likely it is to persist into adolescence and adulthood.
- What is the main difference between a cold and hayfever allergy?
The common cold and allergies display many of the same symptoms such as: runny, itchy nose and eyes; sneezing; fatigue and headaches. However there are some differences. You are probably suffering from an allergy if:
- There is no fever.
- Mucous secretions are clear and runny.
- Sneezes occur in rapid, multiple sequence.
- Itchiness in nose, ears and throat is present.
- Symptoms last longer than the typical duration of a cold, which is generally around 7 days.